Board logo

标题: THE MONKEY AND THE CROCODILE [打印本页]

作者: 网普科技     时间: 2009-10-25 10:53 PM    标题: THE MONKEY AND THE CROCODILE

One day a little monkey was playing in a tall tree by the river. A crocodile was swimming slowly

near the bank with her baby. She looked around for some food. Suddenly she saw the monkey.

"Aha, there's my meal," she thought. She then turned to her son, "Do you love me, Son?"

"Why, of course, Mum!" the baby erocodile said.

"Well then, you catch that monkey and give me his heart to eat."

"But how can I?" the baby crocodile asked. "Monkeys can't swim, and I can't climb trees."

"You needn't climb the tree," his mother said. "Use your head, then you'll find a way."

The baby crocodile thought hard. Then he had an idea. He swam near the tree and shouted,

"Hey, Monkey! Would you like some bananas?"

"Bananas! Mm! I love them," said the monkey. "But where are they?"

"On the other side of the river. There are some banana trees there, and they have lots of bananas

on them. I'll take you there on my back."

"Good," the monkey came down and jumped onto the crocodile's back.

Soon they were in the middle of the river. Suddenly the crocodile went down under the water. When

he came up again, the monkey was all wet. “ Don’t do that!” the monkey cried.

“Don’t do that again! I can’t swim, you know.”

“I know, but I have to,” answered the crocodile. “My mother wants to eat your heart.”

The little monkey was clever. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?" he asked.

"My heart wasn't here with me. I left it in that tree over there."

"Then we'll have to go back for it. Mother doesn't want you without your heart." The crocodile

turned and swam back to the bank.

Soon they reached the bank. The monkey jumped off the crocodile at once, picked up a big

stone and quickly climbed up the tree. The crocodile waited for the monkey to come down

again. He waited and waited. As he was waiting, he suddenly heard a voice from above:

"Hey, Crocodile!"

The crocodile looked up. The monkey was hanging from the tree by his tail and laughing.

"Here's my heart. Come up and get it. Don't keep your mother waiting … You can't come up?

Well, catch!"

With these words, he threw the big stone at the crocodile.

欢迎光临 网普技术论坛 (http://bbs.netpu.net/) Powered by Discuz! 2.5