网普管理员

网普科技人民公仆

积分 3080
发贴 2863
注册 2004-6-26
来自 网普科技
状态 离线
#1  学位让你沦落:有史以来最狂妄的演讲

演讲人 Larry. Ellison是Oracle的CEO。 Larry. Ellison 在耶鲁大学2000届毕业典礼上发表了以下世人看来最为狂妄、不受欢迎但又是现实真实状况的演讲。 

[演讲内容:]
  耶鲁的毕业生们,我很抱歉——如果你们不喜欢这样的开场。我想请你们为我做一件事。请你---好好看一看周围,看一看站在你左边的同学,看一看站在你右边的同学。

请你设想这样的情况:从现在起5年之后,10年之后,或30年之后,今天站在你左边的这个人会是一个失败者;右边的这个人,同样,也是个失败者。而你,站在中间的家伙,你以为会怎样?一样是失败者。失败的经历。失败的优等生。

说实话,今天我站在这里,并没有看到一千个毕业生的灿烂未来。我没有看到一千个行业的一千名卓越领导者,我只看到了一千个失败者。你们感到沮丧,这是可以理解的。为什么,我,埃里森,一个退学生,竟然在美国最具声望的学府里这样厚颜地散布异端?我来告诉你原因。因为,我,埃里森,这个行星上第二富有的人,是个退学生,而你不是。因为比尔·盖茨,这个行星上最富有的人——就目前而言---是个退学生,而你不是。因为艾伦,这个行星上第三富有的人,也退了学,而你没有。再来一点证据吧,因为戴尔,这个行星上第九富有的人——他的排位还在不断上升,也是个退学生。而你,不是。

......你们非常沮丧,这是可以理解的。

你们将来需要这些有用的工作习惯。你将来需要这种'治疗'。你需要它们,因为你没辍学,所以你永远不会成为世界上最富有的人。哦,当然,你可以,也许,以你的方式进步到第10位,第11位,就像Steve。但,我没有告诉你他在为谁工作,是吧?

根据记载,他是研究生时辍的学,开化得稍晚了些。

现在,我猜想你们中间很多人,也许是绝大多数人,正在琢磨,'我能做什么? 我究竟有没有前途?'当然没有。太晚了,你们已经吸收了太多东西,以为自己懂得太多。你们再也不是19岁了。你们有了'内置'的帽子,哦,我指的可不是你们脑袋上的学位帽。

嗯......你们已经非常沮丧啦。这是可以理解的。所以,现在可能是讨论实质的时候啦——

绝不是为了你们,2000年毕业生。你们已经被报销,不予考虑了。我想,你们就偷偷摸摸去干那年薪20万的可怜工作吧,在那里,工资单是由你两年前辍学的同班同学签字开出来的。事实上,我是寄希望于眼下还没有毕业的同学。我要对他们说,离开这里。收拾好你的东西,带着你的点子,别再回来。退学吧,开始行动。

我要告诉你,一顶帽子一套学位服必然要让你沦落......就像这些保安马上要把我从这个讲台上撵走一样必然......(此时,Larry被带离了讲台)

天理路上甚宽,稍游心,胸中便觉广大宏朗;
人欲路上甚窄,才寄迹,眼前俱是荆棘泥涂。

网普科技,优质美国主机服务!
美国Linux主机,美国虚拟主机
支持PHP+MYSQL+cPanel+EMAIL
为用户负责,拒绝反动、赌博及色情内容! QQ:126818

发送QQ消息
2005-7-1 05:07 PM
查看资料  访问主页  发短消息  QQ   编辑帖子  引用回复 顶部
网普科技
网普管理员

网普科技人民公仆

积分 3080
发贴 2863
注册 2004-6-26
来自 网普科技
状态 离线

Graduates of Yale University, I apologize if you have endured this type of prologue before, but I want yo u to do something for me. Please, take a ood look around you. Look at the classmate on your left. Look at the classmate on your right. Now, consider this: five years from now, 10 years from now, even 30 years from now, odds are the person on your left is going to be a loser. The person on your right, meanwhile, will also be a loser. And you, in the middle? What can you expect? Loser. Loserhood. Loser Cum Laude.

"In fact, as I look out before me today, I don't see a thousand hopes for a bright tomorrow. I don't see a thousand future leaders in a thousand industries. I see a thousand losers.

"You're upset. That's understandable. After all, how can I, Lawrence 'Larry' Ellison, college dropout, have the audacity to spout such heresy to the graduating class of one of the nation's most prestigious institutions? I'll tell you why. Because I, Lawrence "Larry" Ellison, second richest man on the planet, am a college dropout, and you are not.

"Because Bill Gates, richest man on the planet -- for now, anyway -- is a college dropout, and you are not.

"Because Paul Allen, the third richest man on the planet, dropped out of college, and you did not.

"And for good measure, because Michael Dell, No. 9 on the list and moving up fast, is a college dropout, and you, yet again, are not.

"Hmm . . . you're very upset. That's understandable. So let me stroke your egos for a moment by pointing out, quite sincerely, that your diplomas were not attained in vain. Most of you, I imagine, have spent four to five years here, and in many ways what you've learned and endured will serve you well in the years ahead. You've established good work habits. You've established a network of people that will help you down the road. And you've established what will be lifelong relationships with the word 'therapy.' All that of is good. For in truth, you will need that network. You will need those strong work habits. You will need that therapy.

"You will need them because you didn't drop out, and so you will never be among the richest people in the world. Oh sure, you may, perhaps, work your way up to No. 10 or No. 11, like Steve Ballmer. But then, I don't have to tell you who he really works for, do I? And for the record, he dropped out of grad school. Bit of a late bloomer.

"Finally, I realize that many of you, and hopefully by now most of you, are wondering, 'Is there anything I can do? Is there any hope for me at all?' Actually, no. It's too late. You've absorbed too much, think you know too much. You're not 19 anymore. You have a built-in cap, and I'm not referring to the mortar boards on your heads.

"Hmm... you're really very upset. That's understandable. So perhaps this would be a good time to bring up the silver lining. Not for you, Class of '00. You are a write-off, so I'll let you slink off to your pathetic $200,000-a-year jobs, where your checks will be signed by former classmates who dropped out two years ago.

"Instead, I want to give hope to any underclassmen here today. I say to you, and I can't stress this enough: leave. Pack your things and your ideas and don't come back. Drop out. Start up.

"For I can tell you that a cap and gown will keep you down just as surely as these security guards dragging me off this stage are keeping me down . . ."

(At this point The Oracle CEO was ushered off stage。

天理路上甚宽,稍游心,胸中便觉广大宏朗;
人欲路上甚窄,才寄迹,眼前俱是荆棘泥涂。

网普科技,优质美国主机服务!
美国Linux主机,美国虚拟主机
支持PHP+MYSQL+cPanel+EMAIL
为用户负责,拒绝反动、赌博及色情内容! QQ:126818

发送QQ消息
2005-7-1 05:08 PM
查看资料  访问主页  发短消息  QQ   编辑帖子  引用回复 顶部
celn
网普高级成员